Calling All Designers - Deadline Extended
Posted by — 2 Aug 2007
We've gotten some great submissions for our feature on designers, but we'd love an even broader range. We're extending the deadline to August 8th for the feature described below, and we'll also accept other stories for this issue until that date. So write away!
We're currently putting together a feature for our theme Creative License on different kinds of designers (architects, fashion designers, graphic designers, interior designers, industrial designers, etc.) and how photography influences their work. If you fit into this category and would like your work to be considered for this feature, please submit your answers to the following questions along with samples of your photography and an image of yourself to jpgmag.com. (instructions below**) The deadline is August 1st, so please don't delay!
1. What kind of designer are you?
2. What did you want to do for a living when you were a kid?
3. What is it about your design work that makes your photography better? And vice versa? Where do you see parallels between the two?
4. What do you find most challenging about your work?
5. Do you have design heroes? Photography heroes?
6. Name some unexpected sources of inspiration you've had.
7. Do you have any regular habits/exercises that make you a better designer? Photographer?
**Having trouble submitting your story? Follow these steps:
1. Sign up for a JPG account.
2. Submit the photos for your story first.
3. Cut and paste the interview questions and answers into the "story text" box on this page, and follow the directions for all the other tasks.
4. Don't forget to do this by August 1st!