Your Daily Photo Feed
Posted by David Ozanich — 27 Sep 2010
- A look at prize-winning Mexican photographer Alejandro Cossio whose work chronicles the escalating drug violence in his home country. A brief slide show featuring his disturbing work is here.
- I’m really feeling this Big Picture blog out of Boston. Today they take a 43-picture look at all things China.
- While we’re talking about China, here’s a profile of South African photographer Nadav Kander who has been working on a series documenting the fallout of China’s economic development along the Yangtze River.
- The Gadgetwise blog at the New York Times has a review of the new Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 which has an interchangeable 3-D lens.
- There’s a new photography competition called the Genius Loci which is “aimed at promoting emerging photographers of all nationalities based in Italy and the United Kingdom. The prize aims to foster stronger cultural links between the two countries through the Arts.” Those with addresses making them eligible can find more information here.
- Its raining here in New York today, and after a last weekend of Indian Summer, it seems Autumn has officially arrived. In that spirit, here’s Billie Holiday.