Your Daily Photo Feed
Posted by David Ozanich — 21 Oct 2010
- Life, Panoramic is a nifty site for the desk-bound traveler. They encourage submissions of photo essays of different destinations around the world. The ones from Antarctica are particularly appealing like the one shown above, shot by a self-described “Vagabond, TV Producer, Travel Junkie, Husband, Dad.”
- The boys at This is FYF claim to have found “the best picture of Cher, ever.”
- The New York Art Book Fair is coming up the first weekend of November (that’s the 5th-7th) as PS1. “Free and open to the public, the Fair hosts over 200 international presses, booksellers, antiquarian dealers, artists and publishers from twenty countries, offering the best in contemporary art book publishing.”
- The Nikon International Small World Photomicrography Competition just announced their 2010 winners. First of all, I don’t think I’ve ever run across the word “photomicrography” before. The Big Picture blog has a selection of the winners. “Peering into the small worlds of animal, plants and minerals using many techniques and different instruments, this year's entries brought us images of crystalline formations, fluorescent body parts, cellular structures and more, valuable for both their beauty and insight.”
- Check out our interview with JPG member Cody Hanu. That’s one of his photos below.