Starlings, The Photographer's Mind, and Pumpkin Cameras: Daily Photo Feed 11/1
Posted by David Ozanich — 1 Nov 2010
- Mike Hewitt captured this photo of starlings over Brighton. Here's some tips for capturing birds on film.
- Baseball Fans: New York Times Magazine has an interactive feature with pictures of several vintage "Gloves of the World Series."
- Frank Bruni weighs in on the "Glee" photo pseudo scandal.
- Michael Freeman's "The Photographer's Mind" is his follow-up to the best-selling "The Photographer's Eye." From the press release: "The Photographer's Mind" contains more than 400 images from real photographic assignments, each with schematic illustrations showing how and why the images work. Serious amateurs, intermediate, and professional photographers also get invaluable advice for avoiding cliché, adapting to the cyclical nature of fashion, style and mannerism, working with light, and even handling the unexpected." Via.
- Today in things you need to know: How to Turn a Pumpkin into a Camera: