The Lakers; Mount Merapi Volcano Photos: Daily Photo Feed 11/8
Posted by David Ozanich — 8 Nov 2010
- Thrilling and terrifying photos of the Mount Merapi volcano currently erupting in Indonesia from the Big Picture blog.
- Arts and Crafts Alert: Build your own Canon camera out of paper.
- I'm not sure how exactly this relates to the National Wildlife Federation, but I found this handy tip sheet for photographing children outside on their magazine website. I know all you parents out there spend an inordinate amount of time doing just this sort of thing so maybe you can learn a clever trick or two to make your photos extra memorable.
- A roundup of camera and lens rebates from Photography Bay.
- The LA Times takes a look at Andrew Bernstein, the NBA's senior director of photography.
Covering the [Lakers] since their days at the Fabulous Forum in Inglewood, the 52-year-old Bernstein is as much a part of the purple-and-gold fabric as the Laker Girls. His work defines the franchise's image on the court: Magic Johnson battles Larry Bird for a rebound, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar sky-hooks, Shaq dunks.