Great and Quirky Gift Ideas for Photographers: Daily Photo Feed 12/6
Posted by David Ozanich — 6 Dec 2010
- Lots of holiday gift guide news today, but hey, 'tis the season, right? David Pogue, tech reviewer for the Times, says the Canon Powershot S95 is "the greatest small camera made in the world today." He also like the Sony NEX-5 which he claims is just as good as a pricier SLR.
- And speaking of new cameras, is your smartphone causing a rift in your relationship with your point-and-shoot?
- Meanwhile, Entertainment Weekly is recommending the photo book "Cafe Society: Socialites, Patrons, and Artists 1920-1960", noting that "poring over photos of socialites, royals and their surroundings is enough to make anyone feel like an honorary member of the beau monde." They also really like "Beaton: The Art of the Scrapbook" saying "in this facsimile edition of his private scrapbooks, his own work takes a backseat to the photos that inspired him, from magazine shots to newspaper clippings."
- For those intent on photographing government buildings or other such things, how about these photographer's rights cards? "This white balance card set allows you to wear your photography rights around your neck while you're out shooting, and can be easily shown to anyone who challenges your legal right to photograph."
- For the style-conscious (and who among us isn't?), these camera mode dial cufflinks may be just the thing.
- Or perhaps these camera lens mugs which come in Nikon and Canon?
- Finally, take an interactive audio/visual tour of the holiday windows in New York department stores like Bergdorf Goodman below. (pic via)