Australian Flood, Abandoned Detroit, Nat Geo Event, Salad: Daily Photo Feed 1/04
Posted by David Ozanich — 4 Jan 2011
- The Big Picture blog has a collection of photos documenting the flooding in Australia.
- The photographer Kevin Bauman is taking striking, oddly beautiful formal photos of abandoned houses in Detroit.
- An amateur photographer and Filipino politician captured his own killer on film while taking a New Year's picture of his family seconds before he was shot twice. The photograph led to the gunman's arrest. More at the NY Post.
- Three "premier National Georgraphic explorers" including "trailblazing photographer Michael 'Nick' Nichols" (photography editor-at-large for the mag) will be on hand for a special live broadcast of NPR's "Talk of the Nation" at Grosvenor Auditorium in Washington, D.C. on Thursday, January 6th. They'll be discussing, among other topics, "what's left to explore in our world and the role of the explorer today." The event is free. More information here.
- In an interesting commentary on women and how they are marketed to, the Hairpin has collected scores of images showing women laughing alone with salad. I suppose it is time for the New Year's diet resolutions to begin, right?