Egypt, Lagerfeld's Muse, Challenger Anniversary: Photo Feed 1/31
Posted by David Ozanich — 31 Jan 2011
- Photojournalism captures the uprising in Egypt. Arresting images from Al Jazeera; New York Times; Los Angeles Times; a local blogger in Cairo; the New York Post has chaos in the Cairo airport; and WNYC has Americans protesting in New York. Above, a photo by Peter Macdiarmid for Getty Images published in the NYT.
- NPR interviews Egyptian American photographer Tim Kaldas about what its like to be in Cairo right now.
- Fashion maestro and noted photographer Karl Lagerfeld shoots his muse Baptiste Giabiconi for a sexy, sassy portfolio in Interview magazine.
- An awesome cache of vintage New York City pictures from 1978-80 have just been posted online.
- The Best Picture nominees are rendered in Lego.
- The Big Picture blog remembers the Challenger space shuttle disaster on the 25th anniversary of its explosion. Below, the horrified reactions teachers and students from astronaut Christa McAuliffe's school are caught by photographer Keith Meyers.