Photo LA, Shepard Fairey, Haiti: Daily Photo Feed 1/13
Posted by David Ozanich — 13 Jan 2011
- Photo LA, a four-day photography fair at the Santa Monica Civic Auditorium, opens tonight with a gala benefiting the photo department at LACMA. Talks include a collecting seminar with ex-Getty photo head Weston Naef. Details on attending here and here.
- Paris Hilton tweeted a picture of herself with photographer Terry Richardson during a cover shoot for Vogue magazine. But don't worry - it's just Vogue Turkey.
- Artist Shepard Fairey has reached a settlement with the Associated Press over his appropriation of an AP photo in his iconic "Obama Hope" silkscreen posters.
In settling the lawsuit, the AP and Mr. Fairey have agreed that neither side surrenders its view of the law. Mr. Fairey has agreed that he will not use another AP photo in his work without obtaining a license from the AP. The two sides have also agreed to work together going forward with the Hope image and share the rights to make the posters and merchandise bearing the Hope image and to collaborate on a series of images that Fairey will create based on AP photographs.
More from NY Magazine.
- Here are tips on "How to Capture the Perfect Sunset".
- The Big Picture blog looks at "Haiti, One Year Later." Below, "Soccer players from Haiti's Zaryen team (in blue) and the national amputee team fight for the ball during a friendly match at the national stadium in Port-au-Prince January 10, 2011." Photo by Kena Betancur for Reuters.