New York Fashion Week Roundup
Posted by David Ozanich — 23 Feb 2011
- Fashion critic Cathy Horyn narrates a runway photo slideshow that encapsulates all she saw during Fashion Week. Because the gods hate me, I can't embed this but I really can't stress enough how much you should click this link and watch the droll Horyn, with a voice like dry red wine, pinpoint the highlights of the week. Truly. Do it. She invokes Miss Havisham within the first 3 seconds.
- The Big Picture goes behing-the-scenes in the tents.
- JPG favorite Bill Cunningham notices the lovely frocks the ladies were wearing outside Lincoln Center and thinks he spots a new trend for skirts in his On the Street audio fashion diary. Those are the looks above.
- The NY Times also asked readers to submit their photos and this photo collage is the result.
- JPG Member Kristen Philiposki has a great photo roundup of her time in the tents. That's her snapshot of Vogue editor Andre Leon Talley above.
- In a bit of a coda to Fashion Week, the Morgan Library is showing the collection of the American designer Herbert Kasper. The Times reviews the show "Mannerism and Modernism: The Kasper Collection of Drawings and Photographs":
Here, for instance, are Abelardo Morell and Vera Lutter's urbane deployments of the ancient camera obscura: the Morell converts a Whitney gallery into a cityscape, while the Lutter performs strange reversals on the Pepsi-Cola sign along the Queens waterfront. Nearby, William Eggleston's shot of a Hollywood back lot confuses a painted sky with the real thing.
The show is on view until May 1st.