I'm a retired U.S. Navy Chief Petty Officer living as an expatriate in the "Goya Republic" aka Okinawa Japan. I love this place for its rich history, culture, and natural beauty. Presently, I do freelance writing and photography for local English language publications.
A writer first, photographer second and a hack wannabe at both, my passion is photojournalism and the photo essay. As such, I select the photographs I post at JPG more to tell a story than for their artistic or aesthetic beauty.
Find me at: http://www.goyarepublic.com
8 Dec 2008 — 178 views, 3 favorites
8 Dec 2008 — 161 views, 2 favorites
8 Dec 2008 — 145 views, 2 favorites
Collections are a JPG+ feature. You must be a JPG+ member to create new collections and to add photos to collections.
Sign up for JPG+ to start using collections now!
- Photo Challenge: Through the Window
- Photography Reflectors–The Golden Rule
- Photo of the Week
- Member of the Week
- Any advice out there for a first solo photo show?
- Full Time Artist, Here to Stay
- Ten Tips for Top Quality Night Photos
- Wrestling is Fake! (sort of)
- Chasing Waterfalls
- New Contest! “Plain and Simple”
89 Views » 0 Comments » 0 Votes
244 Views » 0 Comments » 1 Vote
250 Views » 0 Comments » 0 Votes
Q: Choosing a Pentax prime lens
A: Do you know?