Sign up for JPG+ to start using collections now!
Photo license: © All rights reserved
I took up J. Harris Blacklist's challenge to use one of his photos and incorporate it into one of my own.
Here's the link to his photo:
This is what I did:
1. I copied the original 3 times and rotated all copies to form a single picture. This almost created a perfect flower since the original picture was about fourth of the flower.
2. I adjusted contrast to bring out the yellows.
3. I cut around the flower to get rid of the black.
4. I layered the flower onto my son's eye, making sure that it matched his iris. I played around with the opacity for a more subtle effect.
5. I desaturated the picture of the eye.
6.Added dodge and burn throughout the composite photograph.
7.Used unsharp mask
Thanks, J. Harris, for the idea. I enjoyed working on this.
Also by Marco Martinez
Please Login or Sign Up
Login or Sign Up
Need contest credits? Get 'em here!
Select a Shoot Out contest credit package below.