If you see a great photo that would make a perfect entry for one of our Shoot Out photo contests but it was uploaded by another user, now you can enter that photo in the contest and, if it wins, you get to share in the contest winnings.
Like a photo editor, if you've got an eye for great work, find it and submit it to a contest. If it wins, since you staked the entry fee, you'll take home part of the prize (the rest, of course, goes to the member who shot the image).
Sign up for JPG+ to start using collections now!
Photo license: © All rights reserved
I took up J. Harris Blacklist's challenge to use one of his photos and incorporate it into one of my own.
Here's the link to his photo:
This is what I did:
1. I copied the original 3 times and rotated all copies to form a single picture. This almost created a perfect flower since the original picture was about fourth of the flower.
2. I adjusted contrast to bring out the yellows.
3. I cut around the flower to get rid of the black.
4. I layered the flower onto my son's eye, making sure that it matched his iris. I played around with the opacity for a more subtle effect.
5. I desaturated the picture of the eye.
6.Added dodge and burn throughout the composite photograph.
7.Used unsharp mask
Thanks, J. Harris, for the idea. I enjoyed working on this.
Please Login or Sign Up
Login or Sign Up
Need contest credits? Get 'em here!
Select a Shoot Out contest credit package below.