How to do a double exposure with your polaroid sx-70 camera
If you love an image (whether it's yours or someone else's) and want to make sure others get a chance to see it, you can “feature” it by choosing the “Spotlight” button.
When an image is Spotlighted, it receives enhanced visibility in premium spots throughout the site. Spotlighted images are rotated through these higher-visibility positions to ensure the best opportunity for the images to be seen by JPG users.
If you see a great photo that would make a perfect entry for one of our Shoot Out photo contests but it was uploaded by another user, now you can enter that photo in the contest and, if it wins, you get to share in the contest winnings.
Like a photo editor, if you've got an eye for great work, find it and submit it to a contest. If it wins, since you staked the entry fee, you'll take home part of the prize (the rest, of course, goes to the member who shot the image).
Collections are a JPG+ feature. You must be a JPG+ member to create new collections and to add photos to collections.
Sign up for JPG+ to start using collections now!
Photo license: © All rights reserved
1. Take any old sx-70 picture you do not want and cut just the picture out with a razor blade, leaving the bottom and white edges intact.
2. Keep the black cardboard cover thet is ejected when loading a new film pack.
3. After taking at least one picture from a fresh pack (you need the room in the film pack), take the camera and the black cardboard into a totally dark room.
4. In the dark room:
- remove the film pack,
- carefully depress the film pack down and insert the previously cut out picture,
- carefully insert the black cardboard cover and reinsert the film pack,
- the black cardboard will eject. You can leave the dark room now.
5. Take the first exposure. The cutout picture will be ejected. The next picture will have been exposed and still be in the film pack.
6. Take the second exposure. The camera will eject the double-exposed picture.
Please Login or Sign Up
Login or Sign Up
Need contest credits? Get 'em here!
Payments are processed by PayPal and you will be automatically forwarded to PayPal to complete your transaction. It may take a few minutes after you complete your transaction for you contest credits to update. We will send an email to your registered email address once we have received a successful transaction from PayPal and updated you credits.
Select a Shoot Out contest credit package below.