Sign up for JPG+ to start using collections now!
Photo license: © All rights reserved
William Ordway Partridge created this bronze sculpture of Alexander Hamilton in 1892 as a commission for Brooklyn's Hamilton Club. He first exhibited a plaster model of the work at the 1893 World's Columbian Exposition in Chicago. In 1936, the Hamilton Club give the statue to Hamilton Grange, its namesake's former rural homestead in Harlem.
Read more about this statue: www.examiner.com/article/alexander-hamilton-statue-harlem...
Also by Eric K. Washington
Please Login or Sign Up
Login or Sign Up
Need contest credits? Get 'em here!
Select a Shoot Out contest credit package below.