Double the Fun (& a Tutorial!)
Sign up for JPG+ to start using collections now!
Photo license: © All rights reserved
After 20+ attempts, managed to get some decent (I mean recognizable)captures!
How this was done for my friends out there who want to a crack at it:
- Milk in a shallow plate,
- Goodies to drop in milk (i tried, olives,grapes,berries etc.).
- placed the grape in the milk and took an auto focus, changed that to manual in order to capture the point of impact,
- flash light off the camera placed to the left,
- tripod with the camera on remote cable,
- dropped the object from around 6 inches high,
- crossed my legs (cos one hand was holding the remote and the other the grape ;-) otherwise i would have preferred to cross my fingers..,
- timed to press the shutter release at the time of impact..,
- note: make sure your lens has a protection filter on as the splashes might be a bit messy..,
and hey presto!!! got some keepers!
try it folks.., its a lot of fun and teaches you a lot about light n shutter control (plus how to clean up all the mess that the wifey won't!!).
More of my attempts can be see at my site on the following link:
Enjoy n cheers,
plus don't forget to let me know how your attempt went!
In the story Splash Simplified.
Please Login or Sign Up
Login or Sign Up
Need contest credits? Get 'em here!
Select a Shoot Out contest credit package below.