Double the Fun (& a Tutorial!)
If you love an image (whether it's yours or someone else's) and want to make sure others get a chance to see it, you can “feature” it by choosing the “Spotlight” button.
When an image is Spotlighted, it receives enhanced visibility in premium spots throughout the site. Spotlighted images are rotated through these higher-visibility positions to ensure the best opportunity for the images to be seen by JPG users.
If you see a great photo that would make a perfect entry for one of our Shoot Out photo contests but it was uploaded by another user, now you can enter that photo in the contest and, if it wins, you get to share in the contest winnings.
Like a photo editor, if you've got an eye for great work, find it and submit it to a contest. If it wins, since you staked the entry fee, you'll take home part of the prize (the rest, of course, goes to the member who shot the image).
Collections are a JPG+ feature. You must be a JPG+ member to create new collections and to add photos to collections.
Sign up for JPG+ to start using collections now!
Photo license: © All rights reserved
After 20+ attempts, managed to get some decent (I mean recognizable)captures!
How this was done for my friends out there who want to a crack at it:
- Milk in a shallow plate,
- Goodies to drop in milk (i tried, olives,grapes,berries etc.).
- placed the grape in the milk and took an auto focus, changed that to manual in order to capture the point of impact,
- flash light off the camera placed to the left,
- tripod with the camera on remote cable,
- dropped the object from around 6 inches high,
- crossed my legs (cos one hand was holding the remote and the other the grape ;-) otherwise i would have preferred to cross my fingers..,
- timed to press the shutter release at the time of impact..,
- note: make sure your lens has a protection filter on as the splashes might be a bit messy..,
and hey presto!!! got some keepers!
try it folks.., its a lot of fun and teaches you a lot about light n shutter control (plus how to clean up all the mess that the wifey won't!!).
More of my attempts can be see at my site on the following link:
Enjoy n cheers,
plus don't forget to let me know how your attempt went!
In the story Splash Simplified.
Please Login or Sign Up
Login or Sign Up
Need contest credits? Get 'em here!
Payments are processed by PayPal and you will be automatically forwarded to PayPal to complete your transaction. It may take a few minutes after you complete your transaction for you contest credits to update. We will send an email to your registered email address once we have received a successful transaction from PayPal and updated you credits.
Select a Shoot Out contest credit package below.