Sign up for JPG+ to start using collections now!
Photo license: © All rights reserved
1. the exertion of force upon a surface by an object, fluid, etc., in contact with it: the pressure of earth against a wall.
2. Physics. force per unit area. Symbol: P Compare stress (def. 6).
3. Meteorology. atmospheric pressure.
4. Electricity. electromotive force.
5. the state of being pressed or compressed.
6. harassment; oppression: the pressures of daily life.
7. a constraining or compelling force or influence: the social pressures of city life; financial pressure.
8. urgency, as of affairs or business: He works well under pressure.
9. Obsolete. that which is impressed.
–verb (used with object) 10. to force (someone) toward a particular end; influence: They pressured him into accepting the contract.
Also by ! !! Eton !!!!
Please Login or Sign Up
Login or Sign Up
Need contest credits? Get 'em here!
Select a Shoot Out contest credit package below.